Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I could

i could love you
if i wanted
could smother you with
the fast burn
of wildfire passion that
sweeps right through
and steals your soul.

i could love you
right now even
just drop this match
to my feet
and watch the cord
of connection between
us spark to life.

i could love you
next month maybe
when the slow glow
of affection grows
like fresh grass in
a field scorched
by her untamed flames.

i could love you
if you wanted
serve you sweet kisses
and wipe away
the ash if you'd
only say you
would not burn me.

--

April PAD Day 7 - love or anti-love

2 comments:

  1. I love the vulnerability and then the wisdom at the end. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Kimiko. A fresh take on an old prompt, indeed.

    ReplyDelete

 

Never Say a Commonplace Thing © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates